Uniform Policy and How to Order
Ascot Vale West Primary School students are expected to wear a school uniform. Children may wear any combination of the uniform items in any season except that:
- School hats are compulsory when outdoors from 1 September to 1 April. Hats must be a wide-brimmed hat or a bucket hat. See the AVW Sunsmart policy for more information.
- Bike helmets must be worn correctly while riding a bike or scooter to and from school, as required by law.
- Royal blue short- or long-sleeved polo shirt, skivvy, windcheater, and/or bomber jacket
- Black shorts, pants (track pants, bootleg or cargo pants) or skort
- Dress or winter tunic/skirt in school colours
- No other colours or logos
- Royal blue broad-brimmed or bucket hat, or royal blue hijab
- Black enclosed shoes or enclosed sports shoes (that enable children to participate in vigorous activity such as physical education lessons and play in the playground)
- Year six children can purchase a graduation windcheater available as part of the school uniform
School uniforms are available through the school’s uniform shop, located in the main building opposite the school office. Second-hand items are also available to purchase through the shop.
Opening hours: Thursdays 8.30am – 10.00am.
Uniforms can be purchased online directly from the provider, PSW: http://www.psw.com.au/retail/schools/8204.aspx
PSW also has retail outlets listed on their website; please note the Deer Park outlet does NOT carry our uniforms.